London Borough of Camden “Heritage Repair and Conversion”
Contract Value : £ 1.8m
Nico Contractors Ltd has worked closely with the London Borough of Camden and English Heritage on the repair and conversion of listed properties in Camden. These works have consisted of full refurbishments of the buildings internally and externally to a heritage and conservation specification.
The works generally comprised:
- Structural works and extensive structural propping and design work.
- Replacement and repair of roof timbers, joists to conservation specification.
- Slate roofing.
- Replacing damaged / worn decorative façade elements utilising conservation plaster trades and Lime mixes.
- Timber window repairs, glazing replacements and overhauling.
- Full internal refurbishments and conversion from single family homes into multiple flats.
- External and Internal Decorations.
- Various external groundwork and maintenance works.
- Conservation and repair of internal features and joinery utilising historic building techniques, e.g. reinstatement of plaster covings and repair of existing floorboards.
The project included many sensitive works to listed buildings and conservation of existing historic elements, requiring specialist knowledge and expertise. Nico Contractors Ltd worked closely with English Heritage and coordinated and provided specialist consultants in relation to Structural works, conservation and historic building techniques.