120 Holborn, London
The overall project was a design & build, 120,000sq ft Cat A refurbishment of levels 1 – 7 and full refurbishment of both the Hatton Garden and Leather lane receptions as well at the refurbishment of the existing external courtyard.
The project was completed over the course of 40 weeks and included high spec joinery, LED lighting, New VRV heating & cooling system, 6 No. fully fitted passenger lifts, brand new tenant WC fit-out to every floor, new shower facilities installed within the basement demise including new bike racks, decorative planters, including mesh screen plant housings and composite decking within the courtyard.
Nico’s Project Brief:
- Nico were responsible for carrying out the soft strip to all floors including the reception area. Disposal of all materials following on from the strip out.
- Lay new sand and cement screed to all communal bathrooms, lift lobbies and reception.
- Hard landscaping to new courtyard including paving, brick planters, gravel infill’s etc.
- Replacement of existing flat roofs.
Further Project Details
- Isolating existing services, followed by severe limitations for the following demolition works due to the works being undertaken in an occupied building, the close proximity to the occupied parts of the building resulted in being limited just 1 hour available during normal hours. Therefore Nico carried out much of the demolition ‘out of hours’ to achieve the challenging programme.
- The following soft strip was extremely fast paced, clearing one 2000m2 floor every two weeks.
“A challenging Central London project completed in an occupied building delivered on time to a delighted client”.